What is Court Involved Therapy (CIT)?
Psychotherapeutic treatment for a child, parent or family who is at any time during treatment involved with the legal system.
Why choose a Court Involved (CI) Therapist from TLP?
- TLP offers financing options, flexible scheduling and a family friendly atmosphere.
- Our therapists practice with innovation, child-inclusion and are trauma-informed.
- Child-inclusion provides a safe space for children to explore feelings and experiences. Which help to give children a sense of control, during a time when everything is out of their control. During a feedback session with the parents the therapist with “interpret” the children’s feelings, experiences and needs. The process is intended to help support the parents in understanding their children’s feelings, and bringing a personalized, child focus to the process.
- Trauma informed service involves understanding, anticipating, and responding to issues, expectations, and special needs that are often present in survivors of trauma. This includes reducing the risk of re-traumatization.
- TLP therapists are members of the AFCC and follow the ACFF guidelines on court-involved therapy.
- AFCC is the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – the premier interdisciplinary and international association of professionals dedicated to the resolution of family conflict. AFCC members include many of the leading practitioners, researchers, educators and policymakers in the family court arena. AFCC provides training and education, and does not license, certify or regulate the practice of its members.
- TLP’s therapists may provide updates and/or written reports to the Court and support collaboration with other court-involved professionals.
- To allow for ease in collaboration, TLP offers comprehensive services. Click here for a full list of our services and programs.
- TLP therapists regularly consult with Bill Eddy, LSCSW and the CIT Consultation Group.
Please inquire about our Therapy financing packages